PRIVACY NOTICE AND POLICY
Last Updated 2/27/2017
This privacy notice and policy applies to www.bluezones.com, subdomains of bluezones.com and thebluezonesstore.com.
- We do not collect personally identifiable information (PII) about you unless you choose to provide that information to us.
- Any personal information you chose to provide is protected by security practices.
- Non-personal information related to your visit to our website may be automatically collected and temporarily stored.
- Unless you authorize us in advance, we do not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personal information about you unless required by law.
PERSONAL INFORMATION VOLUNTARILY SUBMITTED
If you choose to provide us with personal information — for example, by creating an account with us for a paid service, completing a “Contact Us” form, leaving a comment, sending email, or completing a test or survey — we may use that information to respond to you and/or help us get you the information, feedback, results or services you requested. Submitting personal information (name, address, telephone number, email address, age, etc.) is voluntary and is not required to access information on our website, except for certain paid resources for which an account is required.
We retain the information you voluntarily provide to us only for as long as necessary to respond to your question or request, in most cases no longer than three months, or in the case of ongoing services and resources, as long as needed to provide you with the services and/or resources you have requested.
Some of our resources use health information that you voluntarily provide. This information is not identifiable with your other personal information, or otherwise individually identifiable health information. It is only used to allow you to take advantage of the resource.
We use third party services to process payments for access to certain features and resources on this site. We do not see or have access to the information provided as part of those transactions, including credit card information, and the privacy policies of such third party services apply to information you provide associated with those transactions.
VISITING AN OFFICIAL BLUE ZONES PAGE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
We maintain accounts on third-party websites and online services, such as social media sites and apps. The security and privacy policies of those third-parties apply to your activity on those sites and services. Users of third-party websites and services often share information with the general public, user community, and/or the third-party operating the website. You should review the privacy policies of all websites and services before using them and ensure that you understand how your information may be used. You should also adjust privacy settings on your account on any third-party website and service to match your preferences.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AND USED FROM THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
If you have an account/profile with a third-party website or service, and choose to follow, like, friend, or comment on a third-party website, service or page managed by us, certain personal information associated with your account may be made available to us based on the privacy policies of the third-party and your privacy settings within that website. We do not share personally identifiable information made available through these websites or services.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED AND STORED
When you browse through our website, we use analytics software to gather and temporarily store a variety of information about your visit. However, this information cannot be used to identify you as an individual. The basic information we collect during your visit includes:
- The name of the domain you use to access the Internet (for example, gmail.com, if you are using a Google online account, or umn.edu, if you are connecting from the University of Minnesota’s domain);
- The date and time of your visit to our website;
- The pages and documents you viewed on our website;
- The URL of the website you visited prior to ours;
- The type and version of your Web browser and operating system; and
- Your location at the time of your visit, down to the city-level
We do not associate any of the data we collect with you as an individual. Instead, we aggregate this data from all visits in order to improve our website and provide a better user experience to our visitors. The aggregate data is available only to Web managers and other designated staff who require this information to perform their duties. It is retained only for as long as needed for proper analysis.
DEMOGRAPHIC AND INTEREST DATA
On some portions of our website we may enable third-party software to provide aggregate demographic and interest data of our visitors. This information cannot be used to identify you as an individual. While these tools are used by some websites to serve advertisements, we presently only uses them to measure demographic data. We have no control over advertisements served on other websites.
Websites can automatically place small text files, known as “cookies,” on the computers of their visitors. So long as they do not expire or get deleted, cookies identify the unique browser used by the visitor. On each subsequent visit to the website, the visitor’s browser will retrieve the cookie, allowing us to aggregate the number of return visitors. We use “cookies” to test and optimize our website design and content. We may use two types of cookies on our websites:
- Session cookies may be used to gather data for technical purposes, such as improving navigation through our website and generating statistics about how the website is used. Session cookies are temporary text files that expire when you leave our website. When cookies expire, they are automatically deleted from your computer. We do not use session cookies to collect personal information, and we do not share data collected from session cookies.
- Multi-session cookies, or persistent cookies, may be to customize our website for frequent visitors and to test variations of website design and content. Multi-session cookies are cookies that are stored over more than a single session on your computer. We do not use multi-session cookies to collect personal information, and we do not share data collected from multi-session cookies. Multi-session cookies are generally set to expire no more than two years after your last visit to our website. After that time, they are automatically deleted from your computer. We are unable to identify an individual by using such technologies.
You can take actions to block cookies by opting out. Blocking session cookies from your computer will not affect your access to the content and tools on our website unless we notify you of such. Blocking multi-session or persistent cookies may affect the personalization of the information on those sites.
HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal and other information in the following ways:
- With our service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf
- With our partners and others for purposes of sending their own direct mail and email, unless you opt out of this type of sharing by changing your account preferences or by contacting us
- As requested or directed by you
- If needed to protect the rights, property and safety of us or a third party
- If needed to respond to the request of law enforcement in cases where we believe disclosure is required and/or in accordance with applicable law, regulation or legal process
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, we use software programs to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage. In the event of law enforcement investigations and as part of any required legal process, information from these sources may be used to help identify an individual.
INTERACTION WITH CHILDREN ONLINE
We will take all reasonable steps necessary to protect the privacy and safety of any child from whom information is collected, as required by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). A child’s parent or guardian is required to provide consent before we collect, use, or share personal information from a child under age 13.
Information and instructions will be provided by the specific Web page and/or resource that collects information about a child. The Web page and/or resource will specify exactly what the information will be used for, who will see it, and how long it will be kept.
California residents may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at the address below.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
This site is maintained by Blue Zones, LLC, and Blue Zones, LLC is the “we” and “us” in this policy. If you have any questions about this policy, you can contact us at email@example.com.