Staff Accountant – Full Time
Blue Zones employs evidence-based ways to help people live longer, better. Our work is rooted in the New York Times best-selling books The Blue Zones, Thrive, and The Blue Zones Solution —published by National Geographic books. We are applying the tenets of The Blue Zones in 42 communities throughout the U.S., significantly improving health and lowering healthcare costs. We take a systematic, environmental approach to well-being that focuses on optimizing policy, building design, social networks, and the built environment. The Blue Zones Project® is based on this innovative approach. Our work has been featured in media from Oprah to NPR. For more information, visit www.bluezones.com
The Blue Zones Staff Accountant is a highly motivated, bright and adaptable individual who has a passion for improving the health and well-being of others.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage A/R and A/P: Data entry, customer/vendor onboarding, invoice creation, bill payments
- Assist with Payroll: Employee expense report auditing, documenting, and data entry
- Assist with Monthly Banking: Transaction data entry
- Assist with inventory tracking and periodic inventory counts
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial reports
- Assist with special reports and budgeting as needed
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in Accounting or Finance as a junior or senior, a recent graduate from a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent experience.
- Basic understanding of accounting procedures and experience in accounts payable/receivable preferred
- Experience with QuickBoooks a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent teambuilding and communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Office Location: Minneapolis, MN
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-time